How to Launch Your WebsiteFriday, May 16th, 2008
You’re at the point where you’ve done all your planning, created your website and you think you’re ready… Make sure you don’t throw away all your hard work when launching your website!
Slide 1: HOW TO LAUNCH YOUR WEBSITE
Step 7: Don’t forget these crucial steps before going live!
- Step 1: How to set your website goal
- Step 2: How to identify and target your market
- Step 3: How to write your content
- Do you need a web designer?
- Step 4: How to choose your web designer
- Step 5: How to choose your domain name
- Step 6: How to choose your web host
- Step 7: How to launch your website
- Why completing your website is not the end
- Step 8: How to promote your website
See the complete guide at www.realfreewebsites.com/website-plan
You probably don’t want your website to be visible before official launch
If so, hide development of your website
- Use password protection
- Or redirect visitors to an explanation page
Upload your files:
You or your web designer should upload the website using File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Test the design works on multiple browsers, screen resolutions and operating systems
- Test the functionality
- Test the accessibility
- Proof read the content
Get people from you target market to try out your website
Get feedback from testers
- Redesign if necessary
- Retest, get feedback etc.
Add visitor analysis and tracking
- Add code to your website to track visitor numbers and details E.g. Google Analytics
- This will allow future monitoring and improvement
Run through all your checks one last time
Decide when to go live
Choose a day and time when your website will be best received by your target market
LAUNCH! Remove any password protection and go live
Tell everyone you know online and offline about your new website
Submit your website
- Social media websites E.g. StumbleUpon.com, Digg.com
- Search engines and website directories E.g. Google.com, Dmoz.com
Make a press release
Write and distribute an online (and offline) press release announcing your website launch
Avoid the temptation to launch early.
Ensure you have created the environment for the start of a successful website.
You’ve now seen how to launch a website. This is the seventh step in the process of good website design. See the complete guide at www.realfreewebsites.com/website-plan
Need Help? Ask the experts at guiding you through website development: www.realfreewebsites.com