Thinking about your first website?Saturday, March 22nd, 2008
Are you looking to create your first website? Our short presentation will help you plan your website properly:
Slide 1: HELP I NEED A WEBSITE!
No idea where to start? 7 steps to understanding!
New to websites?
- Bewildered by too much information?
- Need a starting point?
Here come 7 easy steps!
7 Steps to a Website You Real Free Websites
1. SET YOUR GOAL
Decide the overall objective of your website Informational? Storefront? Service-provision? Blog? Something else?
2. TARGET YOUR MARKET
Identify and Focus on Your Target Market
- Who does your website’s goal target?
- Profile your market as accurately as possible – this is important in deciding the tone, content and style of the website
- Ensure your website’s goal compliments your markets’ objectives – you may need to reassess your goal
3. WRITE YOUR CONTENT
Decide what content your website is going to have
- What information does your website need to contain?
- How much content are you going to have?
- Include the keywords you are targeting to rank highly in the search engines
- Content can be written later, but decide on what will be created
4. DEVELOP A STRUCTURE
Plan how the web pages will fit together
- Decide how the content will be divided up
- Group the pages according to themes
- If necessary create a website hierarchy, with your most important pages at a higher “level”
Visually create the website in a “wireframe”
- Create a sketch of the pages and how they link together
- Think about how visitors will navigate your website
- Make the structure as logical as possible
- Real Free Websites has the experience to create a structure with optimal usability
5. CREATE A DESIGN
Design your website: Bear in mind: – Your website goal – Your target market – Your content
- Consider the significance of different colors
- Make sure your design is accessible to disabled users
- Real Free Websites will make your design stand out
6. CODE YOUR WEBSITE
Convert your design to code
- Use well-formed code so that your design appears consistent across browsers, devices and operating systems
- Minimal and valid code is better for disabled users, and for search engines
- Real Free Websites has the know-how to write good code
7. PUBLISH YOUR WEBSITE
Upload your website to the Internet!
- If you don’t have one yet, you will need to register a domain name with a registrar
- You will need a web host to store your website code and to display your website to visitors
- Real Free Websites will upload your website and help you with a domain name
It doesn’t end here
- Now you have a website, you need to promote it and attract visitors
- Submit to search engines
- Get other websites to link to it
- Add new content
- Keep it search engine optimized
Real Free Websites can help you at any point